Zendar Hunters Guild
Help - Printable Version

+- Zendar Hunters Guild (http://www.zendarhunters.tk)
+-- Forum: Public Section (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Help (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Help - TheRedViper - 05.07.2014 16:40

Bit of a silly request given the non-competitive nature of ZHG, but I was wondering whether someone would mind sparring/training me at some point over the next week or so.
Not looking for any hardcore, solo a group of three by the end training, just a bit so I can hold my own in matches.

I'd really like to get to grips with sword/shield, single one-handed weapon and 2h-er mechanics.
I've been slowly learning the limitations of 2h spears/polearms/axes the past while.

I know it is a big ask, time and effort reasons, but I'd like to get to a point where I'm actually helping my team in a match apart from just being a meat shield/cannon fodder.

Usual K/D ratio is 1:2, but once every ten or so matches I find I do reasonably well.
I'd like to at least get to a point where I can have a 1:1 and hold my own in duels against moderate experience players.

RE: Help - Gragnok - 05.07.2014 17:43

i could spare with you a bit yeah Smile

RE: Help - Dumatadast - 07.07.2014 14:00

I have learned and trained the basics of blocking playing M&B: Napoleonic Wars, it really helps for the first time. Blocking only up & down with bayonets is a good excercise.

RE: Help - Gragnok - 07.07.2014 14:12

Good point Dumatadast. It also teaches you the importance of movement and judging distance between yourself and your enemy.

RE: Help - Blixn - 07.07.2014 18:06

Crazy people, suggesting NW :O

Duel servers I say! Fake it 'til you make it.

RE: Help - TheRedViper - 14.07.2014 22:50

I actually bought NW during the sale/free weekend there Big Grin

Only need to buy the original M&B now, play the crazy Star Wars mod Big Grin Big Grin