Broutous Offline
Zendar Hunter

white zhg symbol Broutous application

Hello hunters !

-IG Name:
Broutous

Gaëtan

-Why i want to join:
I went to your servers when PinPin obliged me to join by hitting me with an iron bar. I was really seduced by Nirecotive, by the teamplay i found and by the quality of the rules on the server. I use to play as archer, but sometimes improve my skills with a crunchy swadian two-handed sword Smile. Moreover i love that concept of "non-competitive".

-Others game i like to play:
I did not really played on the net since Dod passed to Source versions. I went back on video games with WB, and played only this one during approximatively a year. though i expect Diablo III to add in my game liste soon ^^

I try to remember.. I think something like 24.

-misc:
I'm web-developer. I'm still learning English. I'm hairy faced (hope that won't be a problem Smile

Thanks for paying attention for this thread Wink

Broutous.
08.01.2012 15:00
Find all posts by this user
Daeran Offline
Aimer

RE: Broutous application

Yay another hairy-faced French.

Grand Melonpriest, Master of elephant Drawing and part time aimer.
08.01.2012 15:49
PinPin Offline
Zendar Hunter

Rainbow RE: Broutous application

Heeeelllllloooooo Broutous!

Parpaing (an unknown magic boy) has a bow, his arrow is cleared to an initial height h0, with an initial speed intensity v0, making the horizontal angle a. The purpose of the exercise is to represent the trajectory of the arrow.

The altitude of the arrow at time t is denoted y(t). The vertical component of its velocity at time t is vy(t) = dy(t)/dt. The vertical component of its acceleration at time t is ay(t) = d²y(t)/dt² = dvy(t)/dt.

1) Since the boom is subjected to the acceleration of gravity (That is to say that for all t, ay(t)=-g), and using the initial conditions set (vy(0) = v0sina), determine the expression of vy(t).

2) What's the difference between a wooden stick and a unicorn ?

3) What is your biggest dream ?

zhg-smiley Unicorn Hunter zhg-white
08.01.2012 17:10
Broutous Offline
Zendar Hunter

1.: We can admit the parameter of the shooter in this equation:
Considering that Parpaing is the shooter, we can easily say that vy(t) = 0 as we can see on fig 1.

fig 1 : Parpaing's efficiency :
[Image: pinpin.png]

2.: An unicorn can be used to repair a teethbrush. A wooden stick can as well.

3.: My biggest dream is to become a ZHG Member. In fact, i want to get my own parking place, an office with my name on the door, the badge that makes me not suffer the laws and of course the prestige, the women and my own bow.
(This post was last modified: 08.01.2012 19:35 by Broutous.)
08.01.2012 19:02
Thel Offline
The Thelinator.

Ooooh, art.

Fill out the questionaire below. Please wear lifejacket at all times, do not make eye-contact and keep all foodstuffs within reach.

---

Hypothetically, you are about to go up against a well renowned and yet-defeated Warband clan. When choosing your hypothetical teammates you desire...

Pick one of each.

A. Compatibility between team members and knowledge of their likely moves and decisions on the field of battle.
B. A well revised battle-plan and preset tactics that the entire team agrees to before the battle starts.

C. A balanced team with strengths and weaknesses, focusing on amplifying strengths of individual players in battle.
D. A balanced team with strengths and weaknesses, focusing on defending weaknesses of individual players in battle.

E. To give orders.
F. To follow orders.
G. To reinforce orders.

H. To be a designated scout (cavalry class) and report on the enemies movements in every round, as well as distracting their forces as a decoy.
I. To be a designated guardian (cavalry class) and ward off flanking cavalry in every round, and intercept infantry-ambushed archers in every round but act defensively.
J. None.

K. To be paired with a particular teammate and attempt to cause crossfire over enemies whenever possible, keeping a very large distance between yourselves.
L. To be paired with no one or assume a role within the main group spontaneously. (Orders are still followed).
M. To be paired with a particular teammate and attempt to kill or neutralize singular enemies as fast as possible, keeping a very small distance between yourselves and aiming at the same targets.

Hope to see you around.

[Image: Thel_diagram.png]
08.01.2012 19:13
Broutous Offline
Zendar Hunter

1.B
2.D
3.F
4.H

I wanted to build a word with the answers but i'm not -yet- a genius.
Hope you'll enjoy Smile
08.01.2012 19:33
Nireco Offline
Administrator

(08.01.2012 19:33)Broutous Wrote:  1.B
2.D
3.F
4.H

I wanted to build a word with the answers but i'm not -yet- a genius.
Hope you'll enjoy Smile

It is not possible with those choices for letters. At least if the position needs to stay the same.

Code:
f = open("/usr/share/dict/cracklib-small")
words = map(lambda x: x.strip(), f.readlines())

letterchoices = ["ab","cd","efg","hij","klm"]

def findword(cursor, current, letters):
    if cursor >= len(letterchoices):
        if current in words:
            return True, current
        return False, current
    for a in letters[cursor]:
        check, word = findword(cursor+1, current+a, letters)
        if check:
            return check, word
    return False, ""

print findword(0, "", letterchoices)

p.s.: Using acronym IG for ingame is a bit ambiguous, as it's easily confused with the IG warband clan.

p.p.s: hello

[Image: WPw9N.png]
09.01.2012 01:18
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

My Standard questions are Have you got Nirecotive and have you got a taleworlds forum account.
I would imagine you do have Nirecotive which is good and i have no idea if you have a taleworlds forum account but then that doesnt really matter much.

Damnit now i need to think of more questions
09.01.2012 08:39
Cymbeline Offline
Zendar Hunter

Hello Broutous!

Welcome and I hope to see you around!! Hmm, but I think I have seen you playing as I'm trying to remember Big Grin. I forget a lot... Good luck with your application and see ya!

Some questions to you:

1. Which is your best faction in warband and why ?
2. Why do you play as an archer? Do like you cavalry? Or infantry?
3. Irish music or Classical music?
4. Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Bach, Bartok, Schubert or Chopin? (Chopin is not French as some people think he is haha)
5. Do you play a musical instrument and what kind of music do you like?
6. What's the difference between a house and a coffin?
7. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
8. Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
9. If you were surrounded by 6 cavalry men and 3 infantry players what do you do? How do you tackle them? Or surrender and let yourself die in a very hurtful way (considering the 6 horses as well!)

Good luck!! Big Grin And I hope to see you around! Looking forward.

Bye and Cya! Cool

Cymbeline
(This post was last modified: 09.01.2012 14:13 by Cymbeline.)
09.01.2012 14:11
Broutous Offline
Zendar Hunter

I. Nireco:
Thanks for that great Python's answer Smile
I'm sorry for the acronym, i didn't know that clan. In fact i don't like acronyms.
L O.

II. Gragnok:
Yes, i run nirecotive... well i guess, because i had to make an entire reinstallation of WB few weeks ago and i don't remember if i installed it again. Bad. For Taleworlds account, i know i have one, but rarely (never?) use it. Bad again.

III. Cymbeline:
Hi! Smile

1. Which is your best faction in warband and why ?
Hard question. And hard answer of course. Vaegirs, probably, i love their archers.

2. Why do you play as an archer? Do like you cavalry? Or infantry?
I love bow. I'm archer IRL (an acronym for Nireco) and it's a courageous way of playing when you charge with a bow. It doest NOT work, but it's courageous. I don't really like cavalery, maybe it's to fast for me Smile. I love playing infantry, and i actually try to play Infantry as often as archer.

3. Irish music or Classical music?
Well, hard again. Twice ! Yes, it exists, (try O'Stravaganza on youtube). But for the choice... Nooo please, stop it, i will talk, torture is prohibited, please, il will talk. Can't answer that -_-

4. Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Bach, Bartok, Schubert or Chopin? (Chopin is not French as some people think he is haha)
i don't like Mozart and Bach. Love Beethoven but now i'm listening to Chopin.

5. Do you play a musical instrument and what kind of music do you like?
Yes, i play guitar and i'm learning violin, cello, accordion and piano. And everything that make noise. I love Classical music and some trad music like irish or yiddish.

6. What's the difference between a house and a coffin?
The roof on the coffin is more convenient, because on sunny days you can open it.

7. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
Woah i did not expect that question !

8. Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
I think the light in the freezer lights up when we close the door. Impossible to check.

9. If you were surrounded by 6 cavalry men and 3 infantry players what do you do? How do you tackle them? Or surrender and let yourself die in a very hurtful way (considering the 6 horses as well!)
First, i spend my time to avoid being surrounded. I guess i would throw my helmet to the first cav, use his horse to hit the second one. I spit on the third's face making the 3 others run away. The three infantery are dead during the operation when i decided to put three arrows on the string. I shoot. Three deads. No, it's a joke, when i'm sourrounded by 6 cav and 3 inf, i know that i just spawned with teammates.
09.01.2012 19:36
Thread Closed