Hrothgar Offline
Curious Owl

white zhg symbol Hrothgar's Application

- In game Name

Hrothgar

- Real name (optional)

Rodrick van Holten

- Why you want to join ZHG

I've been playing a lot on your servers and I enjoy doing it a lot. Therefore I asked myself, why not join the guild too? So here is my application then! If there is any additional information required, feel free to PM me or write an email. Or reply on this thread!

- Other games you like to play/interests

Dawn of War II + Expansions, Kingdoms of Amalur : age of reckoning, TES V Skyrim, DoD: Source, Magicka, LOTRO, Age of Conan, Neverwinter nights 2

Minecraft, extensive medieval constructing and other dark age shenanigans! (Haven't found co-workers to build with, so most of it is solo now)

- Interests

Music, reading, gaming, local PC technician activities, gardening (oh yes, it's fun for me!)

18 years

- Location (optional)

Netherlands, Friesland province

Additional information

I have Nirecotive.

My forum account for Talewords is Xiruki.

My steam name is r0drick (The one with the little goblin avatar)

I have no modding experience or whatsoever, I'm more of a technical person.
(This post was last modified: 18.04.2012 20:04 by Hrothgar.)
18.04.2012 19:56
Find all posts by this user
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

RE: Hrothgar's Application

but but you already answered my question Sad

Tongue its good that you have read other threads and exploited my utter predictability
18.04.2012 20:52
Hrothgar Offline
Curious Owl

Hehe Tongue

Research is mandatory when posting an app!

Remember that for everyone who reads this!
18.04.2012 21:04
Melons Offline
Official Zendarian Foodsource

Hi(gh) Hrothgar. Good luck with your application Big Grin
18.04.2012 21:30
Nireco Offline
Administrator

(18.04.2012 21:04)Hrothgar Wrote:  Hehe Tongue

Research is mandatory when posting an app!

Remember that for everyone who reads this!

Though, if they found this, then they were likely already researching.

(18.04.2012 19:56)Hrothgar Wrote:  I've been playing a lot on your servers and I enjoy doing it a lot. Therefore I asked myself, why not join the guild too? So here is my application then! If there is any additional information required, feel free to PM me or write an email. Or reply on this thread!

playing and enjoying our servers and joining ZHG are quite different things. I feel that quite many people have tried to join after enjoying playing on the servers. But as they haven't been that interested in the social aspect, they haven't come much to the irc etc.. So, we couldn't meet them and get to know them. And that of course leads to rejection due to the nature of ZHG. Joining irc hour before LPT, chatting that hour and then joining the LPT would have quite much effect on getting to know at least the ZHG members who are somewhat active.

So, are you also interested in chatting with us and trying to be present during LPTs?

(18.04.2012 19:56)Hrothgar Wrote:  I have no modding experience or whatsoever, I'm more of a technical person.

I would have thought that technicality would have made a person better at modding. Though, it of course doesn't provide experience.

hmm.. random questions, don't have much time atm to be creative for them.

random question: Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch? (from: http://cfcl.com/vlb/Memes/Questionaires/random_1.html)

[Image: WPw9N.png]
18.04.2012 22:46
Hrothgar Offline
Curious Owl

I do enjoy chatting, a lot.

I tend to be spammy (Not in the bad way) at times with sentences, reactions and comments.
But I'm always reachable on steam.

On the side note ;

What is LPT? This acronym confuses me greatly!

Other that it could stand for Local Printer Terminal, which I doubt that is the definition for it around these parts.
(This post was last modified: 19.04.2012 09:09 by Hrothgar.)
19.04.2012 08:58
Nireco Offline
Administrator

(19.04.2012 08:58)Hrothgar Wrote:  But I'm always reachable on steam.

I think quite many zhgs don't use steam, at least when it's not required for some game they are playing at that moment.

(19.04.2012 08:58)Hrothgar Wrote:  What is LPT? This acronym confuses me greatly!

I would have thought it to be explained in the recruitment information thread, but apparently not. Need to ask Gragnok to add it there (too lazy to add it myself..).

We use LPT to mean Let's Play Together, which refers to the time when we play together, as otherwise it would be difficult to find a good amount of zhgs to play at the same time (Though, haven't had too many on the last few LPTs either..).

(14.07.2011 16:46)Gragnok Wrote:  We dont have matches or trainings but we try to play together on one of our servers regularly. We have a set time for this at 7pm BST on Friday every week.

Seems that the information doesn't mention anything about Monday either...

[Image: WPw9N.png]
19.04.2012 10:09
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

dern it i must correct this.

EDIT: Corrected!
(This post was last modified: 19.04.2012 16:09 by Gragnok.)
19.04.2012 10:30
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

You have been accepted as an Apprentice. This means you can and should use the ZHG_Apprentice tag and join IRC. The link for IRC is in the top right hand corner of the forum and says "chat"

You are now a representative for ZHG so you should avoid trolling, abusive behaviour and language on all servers.

It is very important that you use IRC if you wish to be accepted into ZHG as a full member.

The trial phase lasts approximatley 2 weeks. During that time you should demonstrate to other members why they should vote to accept you as a full member. The best way to do this is join IRC and chat and attend the bi weekly Lets Play Together events hosted on ZHG or ZHG TDM. The LPTs are held on Monday and Friday nights at 7pm GMT/UTC time.

Congratulations and good luck.
19.04.2012 17:50
Hrothgar Offline
Curious Owl

Okay, I hope my chaotic college schedules that change every week allow me attending the LPT's.
20.04.2012 09:02
Thread Closed