Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Map ZHG_Siege round time
gazi Offline

white zhg symbol ZHG_Siege round time

Hey, ive been playing on ZHG siege for years an me and also the most people playing on ZHG siege server are tired of the few mmintues you get to fight, its so short you dont get to have fun. i talked to the server on the chatt and almost every player agreed that a round time of 8-10 minutes would be much better, then the attackers have more time to struggle while the defenders have to cooperate together to keep them out of the castle, 5 minutes or 6 minutes in a round is too short, it does not work on a siege server and its so wrong that it has to be on the best siege server of warband.
23.09.2012 14:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nireco Offline
Administrator

RE: ZHG_Siege round time

Probably one reason the server is the best siege server is because of the custom autobalance keeping it challenging and letting both teams win some rounds most of the time. If we would only increase the round time and not the map time, it would reduce the effectiveness of the autobalance, which of course would reduce the balance and challenge and probably decrease the appeal of the server. So, I think people just don't understand what is good for them. (About 30 minutes is a good map time to not get too bored of the map.)

From the last month there is 3406 rounds in my stats and defenders have won 49.8% of them and attackers 50.2%. Observing as maps, defenders have won 49.7% and attackers 37.9% (12.4% are draws. If the map is dominated by defenders, there is usually 5 rounds. If it is dominated by attackers, there is a good probability for 6 rounds, which often results in a draw.)

[Image: WPw9N.png]
(This post was last modified: 24.09.2012 17:51 by Nireco.)
24.09.2012 17:51
Kurt Offline

RE: ZHG_Siege round time

(24.09.2012 17:51)Nireco Wrote:  Probably one reason the server is the best siege server is because of the custom autobalance keeping it challenging and letting both teams win some rounds most of the time. If we would only increase the round time and not the map time, it would reduce the effectiveness of the autobalance, which of course would reduce the balance and challenge and probably decrease the appeal of the server. So, I think people just don't understand what is good for them. (About 30 minutes is a good map time to not get too bored of the map.)

From the last month there is 3406 rounds in my stats and defenders have won 49.8% of them and attackers 50.2%. Observing as maps, defenders have won 49.7% and attackers 37.9% (12.4% are draws. If the map is dominated by defenders, there is usually 5 rounds. If it is dominated by attackers, there is a good probability for 6 rounds, which often results in a draw.)
Yeah i agree i think round timing is perfect.
28.04.2013 13:28