Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Clavius' Application
Clavius Offline
Wannabee Hunter

white zhg symbol Clavius' Application

Hello all. I've been playing on the ZHG server by preference for quite some time so have decided it would be nice to sign up. I think I've killed and been killed by most of your members at some point or other... My usual M&B name is CLAVIUS_BOON but I've also gone by Renyard and APOLLO in the past.

I have never trolled, abused other players or teamkilled and I burn with righteous fury against those who do! I enjoy playing as part of a team, discussing tactics and helping new players. Above all, I love to insert pointed metal things into the opposing team. Smile

In daily life, I'm a teacher and writer. I'm lightly involved with indie games development and I'm currently writing dialogue for a couple of unreleased titles. I keep meaning to have a try at modding and mapping for M&B but other projects always get in the way...

I am registered on the Taleworlds forums and I'll try again to install nirecotive (didn't work for some reason last time).

Hope you'll consider my application!
10.11.2012 12:22
Find all posts by this user
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

RE: Clavius' Application

Hallo Clavius Smile

Judging by what you have written and what i know of you i think you are quite well suited for ZHG. You certainly like archery. For help installing Nirecotive you might want to check this out

10.11.2012 12:52
Clavius Offline
Wannabee Hunter

Thanks Gragnok! I am starting to experiment with other weapons...
10.11.2012 13:57
van Offline
Retired

Hi!

What do you teach? What do you write besides dialogue for games? Do you like to chat?
What is your oppinion on belgian waffles, cake and jumping from walls in Siege?
Are there any other games you like to play?

We has the Margaret!
10.11.2012 15:02
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

mhhhhhh waffly goodness

[Image: belgian-waffle.jpg]
10.11.2012 15:04
Blixn Offline
Goatknight

(10.11.2012 15:04)Gragnok Wrote:  
Spoiler: show
Confused

As I do not know you very well/at all my judgement have to rely on these well-planned questions. I ask you to answer them as untruthfully you can to make the review of you so precise as possible!

What do you think of #EA0000?
Justin Bieber or Carly Rae Jepsen? Bach or Pachelbel?
Are you nice?
Also, how many norwegians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Rider of goats, Maker of pffs, Hunter of aimers and Webble of Inox.

(\___/)This is Bunny! Put him on your
(='.'=)signature to help him gain
(")_(")world domination
(This post was last modified: 10.11.2012 15:19 by Blixn.)
10.11.2012 15:16
Clavius Offline
Wannabee Hunter

(10.11.2012 15:02)van Wrote:  Hi!

What do you teach? What do you write besides dialogue for games? Do you like to chat?
What is your oppinion on belgian waffles, cake and jumping from walls in Siege?
Are there any other games you like to play?

I teach French, Spanish and Mandarin. I write all sorts - I've had a bunch of short stories published but nothing which will allow me to give up the day job. Sad My name, incidentally, is from a pastiche of the old Fighting Fantasy books which I wrote as a sort of crazed labour of love (http://claviusboon.wordpress.com). I'm always happy to chat. I love Belgian waffles (although Gragnok's look as if they would finish me off...) and am partial to certain species of cake (carrot cake, battenburg, NOTHING with walnuts in). I'm not a wall-jumper myself, but I think it's at least preferable to opening the gate. I also play the Total War games from time to time and read/play a lot of IF too.

Big Grin
10.11.2012 15:23
Gragnok Offline
Barbarian

Play any minecraft?
10.11.2012 15:28
Clavius Offline
Wannabee Hunter

(10.11.2012 15:16)Blixn Wrote:  
(10.11.2012 15:04)Gragnok Wrote:  
Spoiler: show
Confused

As I do not know you very well/at all my judgement have to rely on these well-planned questions. I ask you to answer them as untruthfully you can to make the review of you so precise as possible!

What do you think of #EA0000?
Justin Bieber or Carly Rae Jepsen? Bach or Pachelbel?
Are you nice?
Also, how many norwegians does it take to change a lightbulb?

1) #EA0000 is one of my favourite hues. If I were a fire-engine, I would want to be #EA0000.

2) I love them all. I saw them perform together at Wembley Arena last summer and they were, like, awesome! Pachelbel is the one who used to date Miley Cyrus, right?

3) I'm quite nice.

4) The magic of the internet tells me:

"Two. One to screw in the bulb and one to tell a long story about it..."

Is that right? I wouldn't know. I've never met a Norwegian. Are you Norwegian? You may have the very slight honour of being the first Norwegian I've spoken to!
(10.11.2012 15:28)Gragnok Wrote:  Play any minecraft?

I have played a very little. Most days I only get enough time to play one game and usually it's M&B.
(This post was last modified: 10.11.2012 15:38 by Clavius.)
10.11.2012 15:36
Thel Offline
The Thelinator.

Hypothetically, you are about to go up against a well renowned and yet-defeated Warband clan. When choosing your hypothetical teammates you desire...

Pick one of each.

A. Compatibility between team members and knowledge of their likely moves and decisions on the field of battle.
B. A well revised battle-plan and preset tactics that the entire team agrees to before the battle starts.

C. A balanced team with strengths and weaknesses, focusing on amplifying strengths of individual players in battle.
D. A balanced team with strengths and weaknesses, focusing on defending weaknesses of individual players in battle.

E. To give orders.
F. To follow orders.
G. To reinforce orders.

H. To be a designated scout (cavalry class) and report on the enemies movements in every round, as well as distracting their forces as a decoy.
I. To be a designated guardian (cavalry class) and ward off flanking cavalry in every round, and intercept infantry-ambushed archers in every round but act defensively.
J. None.

K. To be paired with a particular teammate and attempt to cause crossfire over enemies whenever possible, keeping a very large distance between yourselves.
L. To be paired with no one or assume a role within the main group spontaneously. (Orders are still followed).
M. To be paired with a particular teammate and attempt to kill or neutralize singular enemies as fast as possible, keeping a very small distance between yourselves and aiming at the same targets.

[Image: Thel_diagram.png]
10.11.2012 15:39
Thread Closed